Appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine or booster at Haggen Pharmacy are highly encouraged. Schedule an appointment online using the link below. Walk-ins will be accommodated as schedules allow.
To make an appointment at a Haggen pharmacy go to www.mhealthappointments.com/covidappt
For a complete list of WA COVID-19 vaccine locations: www.doh.wa.gov/youandyourfamily/immunization/vaccinelocations
For additional COVID-19 related questions, you may call the Washington State Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center at: 1-800-525-0127 and
press # when recording begins.
The CDC and each state’s public health department will determine who is eligible to receive the vaccine in each phase. For more information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
We are here to help, and we will keep this page updated with the latest information as the situation evolves.
Get 10% Off your next shopping trip when you get your
Covid-19 Vaccine at Haggen!
Some restrictions apply. See Pharmacist for details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Haggen offer the COVID-19 vaccine?
Yes, Haggen is part of the federal program to receive the vaccines from the CDC.
Can I schedule or make an appointment for the vaccination?
Appointments are recommended. To make an appointment at a Haggen pharmacy, go to www.mHealthcheckin.com.
Do I have to wear a mask to get the vaccine at Haggen?
Yes, the CDC recommends wearing a face covering until you are fully vaccinated. We require customers across all of our locations to wear face coverings when receiving vaccination, for their protection and for that of our associates.
Is the vaccine free?
Yes, vaccine doses purchased with U.S. taxpayer dollars will be given to the American people at no cost. However, vaccination providers will be able to charge an administration fee for giving the shot to someone. Vaccine providers can get this fee reimbursed by the patient’s public or private insurance company or, for uninsured patients, by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Provider Relief Fund.
How many doses is the Covid-19 vaccine?
Both the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines are 2 doses separated by 28 or 21 days respectively. A series started with one product should be completed with the same product. The Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine is only 1 dose.
Are boosters available?
Boosters are now available for all vaccine types. If you received a Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you are eligible for a booster dose after 2 months. If you received Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine series 6+ months ago you may be eligible if you meet any of the follow criteria:
- Individuals 65 years of age and older;
- Residents of long-term care facilities;
- Individuals 50 through 64 years of age with underlying medical conditions;
- Individuals 18 through 49 years of age with underlying medical conditions based on individual benefit or risk.
- Individuals 18 through 64 years of age who are in an occupational or institutional setting where the burden of COVID-19 infection and risk of transmission are high based on individual benefit or risk.
Additional doses are approved for moderate to severely immunocompromised patients who have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. The additional dose will be at least 28 days following the 2-dose primary vaccination series.
If I have already had coronavirus, do I still need to be vaccinated?
Yes. Reinfection with COVID-19 is not common, but it is possible. Therefore, the CDC recommends vaccination even if you have had and recovered from COVID-19. If you were treated for COVID-19 symptoms with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
Are there side effects associated with the vaccine?
The side effects from COVID-19 vaccinations may feel like the flu and might affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days. Learn more about what side effects to expect and get helpful tips on how to reduce pain and discomfort after your vaccination.
CDC is also implementing a new smartphone-based tool called v-safe to check in on people’s health after they receive a COVID-19 vaccine. When you receive your vaccine, you should also receive a v-safe information sheet telling you how to enroll in v-safe. If you enroll, you will receive regular text messages directing you to surveys where you can report any problems or adverse reactions you have after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
After I get the vaccine, can I stop wearing a mask?
Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. Visit the CDC website for details about recommendations for fully vaccinated people.
Can children receive the COVID-19 vaccines?
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is currently authorized for people 12 years of age and older, while the Moderna and Janssen by Johnson & Johnson vaccines are authorized for people 18 years of age and older. Studies are currently being conducted to determine if the vaccine is safe and effective in younger age groups.
Steps We’ve Taken to Keep You Safe:
We are working hard to protect you and your health. Our stores have adapted quickly to create a clean and safe environment for you. Our pharmacists are also taking additional steps to keep you safe:
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms before providing immunizations
- Online Consent & Release Form to streamline vaccine processing and reduce the number of patients in the waiting area
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), including face shields, for all pharmacy associates.
- Hand hygiene practiced before and after immunizations, including changing gloves between patients
- Monitoring COVID transmission and prevalence in the local area to adapt PPE requirements if necessary
- Maintaining social distancing before and after the immunization
Transfer Your Prescription to Our Pharmacy:
You and your family’s health is our top priority. That’s why we carefully assess your medication history when filling your prescriptions. We are always here to answer any questions you may have to provide clarity for an easy experience, as well as peace of mind.
- We accept all major insurance plans and are a preferred pharmacy in many of them.
- Auto Refill: Enroll at the pharmacy and we’ll notify you when your prescriptions are ready for pickup.
- Mobile App: Download for free to easily manage your family’s prescriptions.
- Vaccination Station: Walk-ins welcome for immunizations for flu, shingles, tetanus, and more.** Plus, receive 10% off your next grocery purchase with any immunization.***
- Specialty Care: Specialty medications and services available to manage conditions like psoriasis, osteoporosis, arthritis, and more.
We can mail your prescriptions to your home at your request. This service is being offered at no additional cost during the Covid-19 pandemic. Speak with your pharmacist to learn more about prescription delivery options in your area.
*No out-of-pocket cost to patient. Insurance billed for administration fee.
**Available vaccinations vary by location and are subject to state law restrictions.
***Restrictions apply. Not available in New York, New Jersey, or Arkansas.
+Pet prescriptions savings cards are free and available at the pharmacy for pet meds that are also human medications.