McCormick hand-selects its bay leaves from Turkish-grown bay trees, a member of the laurel family. Indispensable to most cuisines, especially French, Mediterranean and Indian, they add robust flavor all kinds of meat and vegetable dishes, soups and sauces. Our Bay Leaves have a tea-like flavor and minty aroma that add depth to slow-cooked dishes. They release their flavor slowly, so add them at the beginning of the cooking time. Just be sure to remove them before serving. Prized for their savory flavor, bay leaves are essential in recipes for roast chicken or turkey, pot roast, soups and stews. They enrich bean dishes, tomato sauces, pickling liquids and marinades. Add bay leaves to the water for boiling potatoes when making mashed potatoes.
- Hand-selected from Turkish-grown bay trees for robust flavor
- Tea-like flavor and minty aroma
- Adds savory flavor to roast chicken and turkey, pot roast, soups and stews
- Indispensable to most cuisines, especially French, Mediterranean and Indian
- When preparing mashed potatoes, add 2 bay leaves to the cooking water