While its name suggests a blend of spices, allspice is the pea-sized berry of an evergreen tree native to the Caribbean and Central America. At McCormick® we grind whole allspice berries which have been hand-picked for peppery sweetness and spicy aroma. Allspice contains all the sweet and warm flavors of three spice rack favorites: cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. It is a must-have for holiday baking when it adds spicy-sweet taste to pumpkin pie, gingerbread and spice cookies. Allspice also lends a peppery flavor to savory dishes like Cincinnati chili, Swedish meatballs, barbecue sauce, ham glaze, chicken soup and turkey brine. Add Caribbean flavor to your cooking with jerk seasoning, a fiery blend that includes allspice, ginger and thyme.
- McCormick Ground Allspice is always ground from whole allspice berries
- Our allspice is hand-picked for peppery sweetness and spicy aroma
- Contains the sweet & warm flavors of cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Adds spicy-sweet taste and aroma to pumpkin pie or cake and molasses cookies
- For savory Cincinnati chili, Swedish meatballs, stews, BBQ sauce & ham glaze