Take Back Program
Jun. 10th, 2015 - Dec. 31st, 2015
Bring your unwanted, unused or expired medications to our Ferndale, Barkley, Fairhaven Market or Meridian Pharmacies during regular pharmacy hours to have it safely disposed of. Unused medications can be poisonous to children and pets and unwanted drugs that are flushed can cause harm to our environment.
Know the Risks
- In Washington State, almost 11% of teens use medicines for non-medical reasons–a rate that is among the highest in the nation.
- About half of the 37,000 phone calls to the Washington Poison Center concern young children who have been poisoned by medicines found at home.
- Drugs that are flushed end up directly in our waters. Drugs thrown in the garbage are available for others to take and use, and can still get into the environment. Take them back to property dispose and keep our environment safe.
What You Can Do
- Lock up and monitor prescription medication in the home.
- Use the Take Back Program at Haggen Ferndale, Barkley, Fairhaven Market and Meridian Pharmacies for disposal.
- Talk to your children and let them know that taking prescription drugs that were not prescribed to them is dangerous.
Learn more at www.takebackyourmeds.org.