We bid a long awaited good bye to the bone-chilling months of winter and greet the birth of spring with the first locally grown vegetables hitting our produce departments. Consider this your first taste of the plentiful local abundance from Northwest farms about to turn our produce department into a teeming, local Farmers Market.
Northwest spring salad
A fresh medley of our first locally grown produce
- Wild Alaska Echo Falls lox – from Seattle, WA
- Microgreens or mixed baby greens
- Cal Farms spinach – from Oregon City, OR
- Cal Farms radish – from Oregon City, OR
- Herb Co. Organic fresh oregano – from Duval, WA
- McPhail’s greenhouse grown cucumbers – from Lynden, WA (availability varies by region)
Honey pesto vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup aged white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
In a bowl, whisk together everything except the olive oil. Gradually add the olive oil and continue to whisk until all ingredients have emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Transfer dressing to a jar. Use right away or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.