Cinco de Mayo!
You know what happens when two of our favorites land on the same day? FIESTA TIME! Not only is it Cinco de Mayo but it’s also Taco Tuesday and there is no better way to celebrate than combining them together! You know two other things that combine wonderfully? Avocado Crème Shrimp Tacos & Strawberry Margaritas. Throw all these things into the mix and you’ve got yourself quite the fiesta!
Can we come?!
Avocado Crème Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound Haggen shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 limes
- ½ cup cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Haggen low fat sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8-12 white corn tortillas
- ½ cup broccoli and carrot slaw
- queso fresco
- mild tomatillo salsa verde
- freshly ground black pepper
- Thaw the shrimp, peel the shells off and discard. Season with a sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper, gently toss and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mince 3 of the garlic cloves and place in the skillet, reserving the additional garlic clove. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the garlic for 10-15 minutes.
- Mince the remaining cloves of garlic and add to the bowl of a food processor. Add the juice of 1 lime, the ½ cup cilantro leaves and whiz the food processor until the leaves are finely chopped. Add the sour cream, the chopped avocado and the kosher salt and whiz until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Bring the pan with the garlic to a medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Stack and cover the corn tortillas in a dish towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- For each taco, stack 2 corn tortillas together and spread a spoonful or two of the avocado crema on the top tortilla. Add some broccoli slaw 4-5 shrimps and top with queso fresco, tomatillo salsa and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime wedges
- Combine strawberries, ice, tequila, lime juice, sugar, and liqueur in a blender, and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the margaritas into 4 large glasses.
- Garnish margaritas with a lime wedge, if desired.
- Serve immediately.