Verde Pork Street Tacos
- 25 oz Mission® White Corn Tortillas
- 3-4 lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 (19 oz) can Las Palmas® Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 lb red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped roughly
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
Season pork generously with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium high heat, sear pork until brown on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker, pour enchilada sauce over top and cover. Cook for up to 8 hours on low, or 5-6 hours on high. Once cooked, shred meat with two forks inside the slow cooker.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine sugar and vinegar. Add red onions and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
To serve, fill tortillas with the pork and top with pickled red onions, crumbled Queso Fresco and chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
beer and wine
with a twist!