Verde Pork Street Tacos
- 25 oz Mission® White Corn Tortillas
- 3-4 lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 (19 oz) can Las Palmas® Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 lb red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped roughly
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
Season pork generously with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium high heat, sear pork until brown on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker, pour enchilada sauce over top and cover. Cook for up to 8 hours on low, or 5-6 hours on high. Once cooked, shred meat with two forks inside the slow cooker.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine sugar and vinegar. Add red onions and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
To serve, fill tortillas with the pork and top with pickled red onions, crumbled Queso Fresco and chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5 different uses