- 1 (8 oz) package manicotti shells
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed Cento tomatoes
- 4 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh Utsalady Farm basil
- 1/3 cup Haggen extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (8 oz) package Ostrom’s mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (15 oz) containers Haggen ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen Haggen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup Haggen mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
To make sauce, puree one can of crushed tomatoes with garlic, basil, and drizzle in the olive oil. Combine with other can of crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper fl akes. Heat sauce pan over medium-high heat and sauté onions and mushrooms stirring occasionally for 8–10 minutes. Stir in the tomato mixture and heat to a gentle simmer, for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make the filling, combine ricotta, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix until combined. Thaw spinach, drain well and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Add the mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, and parsley.
In a 13″x9″ baking dish spread 1/2 cup of the sauce. Fill each shell with cheese mixture and layer in dish. Spread remaining sauce over shells, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Download the printable Spinach Manicotti Recipe Card