- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can Ortega® Diced Green Chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (10 oz) cans Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cups Pacific Natural Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Spice Islands chili powder
- 2 tsp Spice Islands ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
In large skillet brown rice in olive oil over med-high heat. Add onion, cilantro, pepper, chilies and garlic. Cook mixture, stirring frequently until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, broth and spices.
Bring to a simmer. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.