The wonderful thing about pesto is the flavor it adds to your favorite dishes, plus it’s easy to make.
- 1/4 lb Hempler’s pepper bacon, cut into pieces
- Half bunch asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup pesto (find our DIY Pesto recipe below)
- 1 box bow tie pasta
- Parmesan cheese
Cook bacon in frying pan. While bacon is cooking, make pasta according to package directions.
When bacon is done, add sliced asparagus and stir around for a couple of minutes.
In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta, bacon, asparagus, tomatoes and pesto until the pesto coats everything. Serve warm and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups Utsalady Farm basil leaves, loosely packed 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
In food processor combine all ingredients except olive oil. Pulse ingredients until almost smooth. Slowly add olive oil until mixture forms desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Get our printable recipe card for this DIY Pesto & Pesto Pasta