Peanut Butter Cookie Day
with a twist!
Here at Haggen we strive in making ourselves unique, hassle-free, and delicious. One of our favorite ways to do this is through sharing fun recipes for you to experiment with at home. It just so happens that today is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day and we decided to bring back the classic Nutter Butter cookie that we all love with a modern twist – gluten free and vegan! We hope you enjoy this recipe and share the finished product with your loved ones….or not 😉
For the cookie:
- 2 cups of gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of Haggen Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoon of Spectrum coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Blue Diamond Almond Milk (If the batter looks dry, try adding a touch more)
- 1 flax egg
For the filling:
- 1 cup of Haggen Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup of Haggen syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the peanut butter, flax egg, coconut oil, vanilla and milk.
- Cook on medium heat until everything is well combined and the peanut butter is soft.
- Set aside to cool down to lukewarm.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is cooled, add it to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Form the dough into small round balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to flatten and make the impressions on the cookies (similar to the photo).
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes (or until desired).
- While the cookies are baking, add all the filling ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, frost them to form sandwiches.
If you would like to remove some of the hassle, fill the cookies with regular peanut butter instead of the sweet filling.