How to Grill Kabobs for 4th of July
You know summer is in full swing when you start planning for 4th of July weekend! If you’re the head chef for the festivities with family and friends, we have your grilled dishes covered. Whether you’re feeding meat lovers or vegetarians, turn to kabobs as they’re easy to put together and can be easily adjusted to suit everyone’s taste buds. Here’s a simple kabob recipe that you can customize to your liking. Try it during the long weekend, or any other time you feel like grilling! (Measurements feed six.)
- 2 lbs of meat or fish (suggestions: chicken, beef, bacon, salmon)
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 6 12-inch wooden skewers
- Season meat to your liking.
- Chop meat and vegetables to 1.5-inch squares.
- Alternating between meat and vegetables, put them on the skewers.
- If you’re using bacon, wrap the bacon around the vegetables.
Tips: Have fun with your vegetables! Try garlic, zucchini, and tomatoes. Pineapple is also delicious! If you’re cooking for vegetarians, replace meat with mushrooms.
If you’re in a hurry, you can always stop by your local Haggen to get pre-made kabobs. All you have to do is grill them!