Gnocchi With Broccoli in a Smoked Salmon & Gorgonzola Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz BelGioioso Crumbly Gorgonzola
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp brandy, (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz ready-made gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp Full Circle olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, rinsed and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
Melt the butter in a large pot, set over medium heat. Add the Gorgonzola and stir until melted. Add the nutmeg, brandy and the chicken stock, whisk in the cream and bring to a gentle boil.
Place the gnocchi in a separate large pan and drizzle with with olive oil. Cover, and cook until the gnocchi is soft in the center. Remove the lid, add the broccoli and sauté until the gnocchi is golden and the broccoli florets are tender-crisp.
Add the salmon to the Gorgonzola sauce and simmer for two minutes.
Divide the gnocchi and broccoli evenly between serving plates. Ladle sauce with smoked salmon over the gnocchi. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Download the printable Gnocchi with Broccoli in a Smoked Salmon & Gorgonzola Sauce Recipe Card.
5 different uses