Gluten-Free Leek & Cornbread Pudding
Recipe by Chef Bryan Weener of Haggen Market Street Catering
- 1 bag Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, green top removed, sliced into half-moons
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz cut corn
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Bake Bob’s Red Mill cornbread per mix instructions.
This can be done a day ahead of time. Cut cornbread into large cubes. Toast bread in 300° oven until dry all the way through. About 15 to 18 minutes. Cool and set aside.
In a sauté pan melt butter and cook leeks with a pinch of the salt and pepper until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
In large bowl, combine eggs and cream, and mix well. Fold in cornbread cubes and remaining ingredients. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remix then place in large cast iron or a 13″x9″ baking pan.
Bake for 40 to 55 minutes until the center is set and not liquid like. If it starts getting too dark on top, cover with foil until done.