Coconut Date Breakfast Bar
Start your day off right with these coconut date breakfast bars, full of coconut, BIJA chocolate and organic dates.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill coconut flakes
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic dates, chopped
- 1 BIJA dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
Preheat oven 350°. Line an 8×8″ baking pan with foil, covering the sides as well. Grease the foil and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the coconut flakes, oats, nuts, flour, dates and chocolate.
In a small mixing bowl stir together the egg, brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture and press into the prepared pan.
Scatter coconut flakes evenly over mixture and press with hands.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely in pan. Using foil overhang, lift bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
Get a printable recipe card for Coconut Date Breakfast Bars.