Chanterelle, Chard & Leek Gratin
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb chanterelle mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large leek, green top removed,
sliced into half-moons
- 1 bunch chard, stems removed, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 shakes Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup croutons, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat butter in saucepan over medium-high. Add in mushrooms and leeks, sauté until tender and there is no residual liquid in pan. Add in chard and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a
2 more minutes. Add in cream, nutmeg and Tabasco. Cook until thick, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Place in small baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and cheese. Bake in oven for 5 to 8 minutes.