5 Easy Summer Salad Recipes
Tired of your usual go-to salad? You’ve come to the right place for a summer salad refresh! Try these easy recipes that won’t take up too much of your time to prepare and put together. Plus, they’re customizable so that you can switch up the ingredients regularly. Don’t be bored of your salad anymore!
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 1/2cups chopped green, yellow and red bell peppers
- 1/2 chopped purple onion
- .1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 oz. gorgonzola cheese
- Dressing suggestions: red wine vinegar + olive oil, tahini dressing, or lemon juice + olive oil
If you’re in the mood for something warm, try roasting the bell peppers and red onion. You can also add avocado and roasted corn for a southwest twist.
- 2 cups of baby spinach and arugula
- 3 whole strawberries
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- Dressing suggestions: honey mustard, or italian
This salad is bright and cheery, and has a great touch of sweetness in every bite. If you feel like you need more protein, try adding almond slices.
Classic Steak Salad
- 3 cups of spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 lb flank steak (grill as you like, but we suggest keeping simple with salt & pepper)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms
- Dressing suggestions: blue cheese, or italian
Shrimp Citrus Salad
- 3/4 cup peeled and deveigned shrimp
- 1 cup peeled grapefruit
- 1 cup peeled orange
- 2 cups of your favorite greens
- Dressing suggestion: lime juice + olive oil
Add 1/2 an avocado if you’re looking to make it nuttier! Also, if you have time, try grilling the shrimp.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 1 1/2 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 cup baby spinach and arugula mix
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Dressing suggestion: balsamic vinegar
If you’re in a hurry, you can always stop by our deli as we have a wide selection of ready-to-go salads!