Haggen Press Room
Full Archive » 2011 » June » 22
Can you tell the difference between Chocolate Pudding and Canned Dog Food jelly beans?
June 22, 2011 • Washington
Haggen Food & Pharmacy stores in Northwest Washington are hosting the Jelly Belly tour bus, giving the public a chance to sample favorites and participate in an unusual taste test.
Jelly Belly representatives will answer questions while offering fun and prizes for children. Those who are a bit daring can try the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled collection to compare some of the company’s tastiest, most popular flavors with its craziest ones. But here’s the catch – you can’t tell visually which ones are which.
The Chocolate Pudding bean looks exactly like the Canned Dog Food bean! You may think you’re tasting the world-famous Buttered Popcorn bean, but you may have the Rotten Egg bean. The only way to find out what beans you’re getting is to eat them! Prizes await for those willing to try.
The Jelly Belly BeanBoozled collection currently contains 10 colors of beans and 20 flavors (10 “real” ones and 10 “different” ones). The pairings are:
Chocolate Pudding – Canned Dog Food
Licorice – Skunk Spray
Buttered Popcorn – Rotten Egg
Strawberry Jam – Centipede
Juicy Pear – Booger
Coconut – Baby Wipes
Peach – Barf
Caramel Corn – Moldy Cheese
Top Banana – Pencil Shavings
Berry Blue – Toothpaste
Jelly Belly jelly beans are currently made in 92 flavors, including the recently released Honey Bean. The company also makes 100 more confections, including licorice, jells, gummies, seasonal sweets and chocolate-covered treats. For more information, call the Jelly Belly Hotline at (800) 323-9380 or visit www.jellybelly.com.
The Jelly Belly touring bus will be at the following Haggen stores:
• Noon-4 p.m. Wednesday, July 20 – Sehome Village Haggen Food, 210 36th St.., Bellingham.
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, July 21 – Barkley Village Haggen Food & Pharmacy, 2900 Woburn St., Bellingham.
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, July 22 – Mount Vernon Haggen Food & Pharmacy, 2601 E. Division St.
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, July 23 – Arlington Haggen Food & Pharmacy, 20115 74th Ave. N.E.
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, July 24 – Lake Stevens Haggen Food & Pharmacy, 8915 Market Place N.E.