Celebrate America’s Birthday in Bellingham with the Haggen, Family 4th of July Celebration
The annual Independence Day celebration includes live music, family games, an art show and, of course, fireworks
June 3, 2013 • Bellingham, WA
BELLINGHAM, Wash. — June 3, 2013 — The countdown is on to the Haggen, Family 4th of July Celebration. This day-long annual celebration, presented by Haggen, Inc., the the Port of Bellingham and Bellingham Whatcom Chamber of Commerce & Industry, will take place at Zuanich Point Park, alongside Bellingham’s Squalicum Harbor.
The festivities kick off at 11 a.m. with free old-fashioned picnic games, from sack races to water balloon tosses, plus a bouncy house for kids. Art-lovers will enjoy the art show at the Squalicum Boathouse, which will feature pieces from the Bellingham/Whatcom Tourism Bureau’s photography contest, selected pieces from Allied Arts of Whatcom County, and winners from the City of Bellingham’s Essence of Bellingham photo contest.
Jazz, bluegrass and dance bands will entertain the crowds with free live music from 2:15 pm until 10 pm on the back patio of the boathouse, thanks to long-time sponsor the Port of Bellingham. Hungry celebrants can refuel at several food stalls, including El Tapatio, El Capitan’s and Alpine Coffee Catering.
The July 4th celebration culminates at 10:30 pm with the spectacular fireworks display. Haggen has been the primary sponsor of the Bellingham fireworks display since 1995.
“This great 4th of July tradition is the perfect way for Bellingham to come together and celebrate both our community and our country, and we are proud to be a part of it for the 13th year,” said Clement Stevens, Senior Vice President of Merchandising at Haggen.
Haggen, Family 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- 11 AM- 2 PM – Old Time Games
- Sack Races: Who can hop to the finish line the fastest?
- Bean Bag Toss: Who can throw the most bean bags into the bucket?
- Scavenger Hunt: Find a picture of Haggen’s otter mascot, Splash, and get a prize!
- Water Balloon Toss: The last team to have an intact water balloon wins!
- 2:00-6:30 PM – Art show at the Boathouse
- 2:15-3:00 PM – Bellingham Youth Jazz Band
- 4:00-5:30 PM – Prozac Mountain Boys (bluegrass music)
- 6:30-8:00 PM – Keaton Collective (rock & roll, country & dance music)
- 9:00-10:30 PM – Yogoman Burning Band (dance music)
- 10:30 PM – Fireworks!
For more information, visit here or call the Port of Belingham at (360) 676-2500.