Official Rules and Regulations
What is it?
School Bucks is an easy way for our community schools to earn money for educational equipment and materials. Fundraising with School Bucks is simple and convenient, and makes the most of what all of us do – shop for groceries! When Haggen CARD holders purchase participating School Bucks products, we donate a percentage of the sale of each item directly to the local school (public or private, preschool through 12th grade) of the card holder’s choosing.
Don’t miss out – register your school today!
Click Here to complete the registration form for your school today! Appointed School Bucks Representative (typically the school Principal or PTA) must complete the registration form.
*Note: If your school is nearby both a Haggen and TOP Food & Drug location there is no need to register twice. Simply fill out the registration form one time and your school will appear on both websites for customers to link their card to your school. The School Bucks Program is currently only available in our original 18 stores.
Sign-up is simple! Just link* your Haggen CARD to your school!
Beginning August 25th customers can link their Haggen CARD to your school by in our stores or by clicking on the School Bucks logo on our home page. From there they’ll enter their information and select your school from a drop down menu of options and click “Submit.” It’s that simple! Then the school of the customers’ choice is linked to their Haggen CARD until May 15 each year. The more people linked to your school, the more money your school can earn!
*Customers must re-link their Haggen CARD each year to the school of their choice.
What are the Participating Items?
There are thousands of School Bucks items in our stores at any given time. All participating items will be clearly marked with the School Bucks tag. Participating items may vary throughout the program, but will include everyday items. You’ll see the tags on national brand products like Nestle or Kraft, our own Haggen brand products, and many more.
How long does the program run?
|Fundraising period:||September 3rd – May 15th|
|Collection schedule:||Check #1: September 3rd – December 31st
Check #2: January 1st – May 15th
How does my school receive the money raised?
Haggen will mail a maximum of two School Bucks checks to each participating school in the 2014-2015 school year. The first School Bucks check will be sent in January and the last will be sent in June. If a school earns less than $25 in the first collection period, their funds will roll over into the second pay period. After a school receives the first check, that school’s account will revert back to $0 and will begin accumulating funds for the next payout period. If a school earns less than $5 total at the end of the school year they will not receive a check.
How do you know what your school has earned?
Haggen will send a current dollars earned email out to schools appointed contact person at the end of each month.
The success of School Bucks depends on you! We’ve seen schools increase their funds with just a little behind-the scenes effort, and we’re providing tools and tips to get you started:
- Send School Bucks Email or Letter home to Parents
- Distribute School Bucks flyer during school events such as a School Carnival or in a Back to School info packet
- Place the School Bucks logo on your school’s website and link directly to http://guest.haggen.com/account/logon?promotion=schoolbucks for a quick link to the sign up page.
- Get your school involved! Teachers, PTA members, students, parents and or any other school representatives can get on our store calendars for School Bucks rallies. This would be volunteers only. It will give your school an opportunity to encourage Haggen shoppers to re-link or link their CARD to your school. We’ll provide a table at the front entrance of the store, laptop and the CARD program they’ll need to update shoppers CARD info on the spot. To schedule a rally for your school email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media – mention School Bucks on your school’s Facebook page. Encourage teachers, parents, grandparents, family and friends to link their Haggen CARD to your school with a quick visit to www.haggen.com. It’s fast, easy and there’s no cost to start earning money for your school.
- Repetition – At the halfway point of the school year, send home parent letters, re-distribute School Bucks flyer, re-post message on Facebook. Once your school learns how much they’ve earned at the first collection period tell everyone about it. This is a great time to encourage people that haven’t linked their Haggen CARD to do so. And remind them to look for the special School Bucks tags when choosing their groceries at Haggen.
- Send students home with our School Bucks letter from our Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. It explains the priority we put on giving back to our community and your school!
- School Bucks Brochure
- Official Rules and Regulations
- Our school is closer to TOP Food & Drug. Click Here for TOP Food & Drug School Bucks tools such as logos and school flyers.
*Note: If your school is nearby both a Haggen and TOP Food & Drug location there is no need to register twice. Simply fill out the registration form one time and your school will appear on both websites for customers to link their card to your school.