Feed the Need & Community Food Drive
Sep. 29th, 2018 - Oct. 12th, 2018
Join us for a Feed the Need & Community Food Drive through Oct 12. Whatcom County donations benefit all Whatcom County food banks through the Feed the Need Community Food Drive with Industrial Credit Union. All other donations benefit local food banks in the store community.
Help our local food banks provide fresh, nutritious foods for those in need. Donate any amount at checkout Sept. 29-Oct. 12 or look for the “Most Needed Item” tags throughout stores and donate at the front of the store.
Most Needed Items include:
– Shelf-stable milk
– Foods high in protein such as canned meat (e.g. tuna, chicken, salmon) and canned or dried beans
– Foods high in nutrients such as canned fruits and vegetables
– Whole-grain foods such as brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole-wheat pasta
– Canned soup, chili and stew
– 100% fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
– Healthy cooking oils
-And other nutritious, healthy choice foods (preferably with less fat, sodium and sugar)