Gems of the Northwest
There’s nothing like eating a freshly picked berry, still warm from the sun. So why not grow your own? Our Northwest climate is ideal for growing the best berries in the world, and our local berry plants will put you on a path to harvesting your homegrown berries in no time.
All of Haggen’s garden plants are 100% Northwest-grown! Lush, healthy and grown to thrive in our Northwest climate, our locally grown plants are especially fresh and hardy because they haven’t traveled far to reach our stores—or your garden!
- Hood: Exceptionally sweet, large berries that ripen early in the summer. Full sun.
- Quinault: Everbearing variety produces large, sweet berries in early and late summer. Full sun.
- Hawaiian Berry: White strawberries with a unique pineapple flavor. Full sun.
- Seascape: Large, firm, disease-resistant variety that produces from spring to fall. Full sun.
- Tristar: Juicy, glossy berries that make nice ground cover and produce fruit from spring to fall. Full sun.
- Black Satin Thornless: Picking is a breeze with this juicy, thornless fruit that ripens in mid-summer. Full sun.
- Top Hat: Produces full size fruit that’s great for baking. Partial or full sun.
- Pink Lemonade: Pinkish white flowers that result in a deep pink berry when fully ripe. Full sun.
- Sunshine Blue: Medium to small, dark berries that ripen midseason. Full to partial sun.
- Bluecrop: Produces lots of large, light blue berries, great for baking or eating. Full to partial sun.
- Meeker: Large, deep red fruit is ideal for freezing, eating or juice. Full sun.
- Willamette: Big, juicy berries that ripen late in the season for eating or preserving. Full sun.