Mother’s Day Blooms
Sometimes it can be a struggle when coming up with new ideas on how to show our appreciation for our amazing mothers. You’ve done the sweet cards, gift cards, chocolates, etc. This year, why not change it up a bit? We’re talking a self-created flower bouquet. You can, of course, pick up an assortment of flowers from our store, but a handmade bouquet can really express your love and appreciation.
Here is a step-by-step guide to building your very own bouquet:
- Start with cohesive color scheme (pink is always a good choice).
- Arrange the flowers in your hand, placing the larger flowers near the base of the group.
- Pay attention to height and shape by arranging taller lilac stems near the top and back.
- Lightly bind the stems with twine and place in a vase.
- Fill in the gaps with sweet peas or other small blooms.
- Insert a few leaves of greenery near the bottom to form a casual “rim” for the arrangement.
On a time crunch? Pick up a bouquet this weekend for $9.99 at your local Haggen store!