Beef COUNTS – BUY BEEF & Fight Hunger
When: March 1- March 31, 2015
Your Beef Counts at Haggen
When you buy beef at any Haggen store in March, your purchase will benefit the Beef Counts program at Food Lifeline. Beef Counts provides nutritious, high quality beef packed with protein to hungry families served by Food Lifeline in Washington.
Join Haggen, Double R Ranch Beef and Washington’s local beef community as we fight hunger with one nutritious beef serving at a time. During the month of March look for these three easy ways to help fight hunger:
1. Buy Double R Beef at Haggen in March: All month long your beef purchases will help us reach our goal of providing 40,000 nutritious beef servings to Food Lifeline to serve families in need. The more you buy, the more we donate–up to $20,000!
2. Donate at the Cash Register: Increase your impact by adding a Beef Counts cash donation to your Haggen shopping trip. It’s a quick and easy way to team up with the beef community to address the lack of high quality protein reaching local food banks.
3. Build Awareness on Social Media: Share an image of your Double R Ranch beef meal with the hashtag #WABeefCounts and local farmers and ranchers will donate an additional $5 to Beef Counts (up to an additional $2,000 donation). Use Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to encourage your friends to join the effort with their Double R Ranch beef purchases all month long!
Did you know?
- Half of all food bank recipients are seniors and children in critical need of the high quality protein found in beef to sustain a healthy, well-balanced diet
- Less than 11% of all food bank donations are high quality protein, yet USDA recommends 6 oz per day
- One in six of our neighbors are at risk of being hungry
*Washington’s beef community, Double R Ranch, and Haggen will donate up to $20,000 based on beef sales and social media participation during the month of March