What is Haggen?
We are a dynamic, growing company, founded in 1933 in Bellingham, Washington. The company currently operates 29 supermarkets throughout Washington and Oregon, with continued planned growth. We employ almost 3,000 people.
The company operates two formats. Our Haggen Food & Pharmacy format provides stores for shoppers seeking value through a shopping experience that combines personal service with the highest quality products. Our TOP Food & Drug format focuses on low prices, while still providing our guests with a high quality shopping experience. Both formats emphasize quality, freshness and selection.
Haggen is one of the 75 largest grocery chains in the United States, according to Supermarket News, and is the Northwest's largest independent grocer.
The company is a firm believer in being actively involved the communities we serve and has been widely recognized by many worthy causes throughout the Northwest.
What sets Haggen apart?
Our company is, above all else, in the business of providing all of our guests' food needs. Our scratch-prepared products are made from recipes developed in-house. Our crew members are empowered to provide excellent guest care while promoting an exciting and fun food store. Success comes from being a team player, and in being open to the ideas and suggestions of others.
Haggen has led the industry in bringing the following conveniences to our valued guests:
- In-store bakeries offering specialty desserts, pastries and BellaTerra Artisan bread made fresh daily.
- Wine Specialists available for recommendations, case orders and special requests
- In-store Pharmacies with licensed pharmacy professionals specializing in community healthcare.
- Floral departments offering fresh cut flowers, arrangement, design, delivery and FTD Service.
- Market Street Cafés with dining area that offer specialty wraps and panini sandwiches, authentic oriental cuisine and more.